AI Prompts and AI Tools for Hiring Managers
Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, many jobs moved online, and while some companies have gone back to the office, many have found that conducting job interviews virtually can be easier for everyone involved. Thanks to the boom in AI technology in recent years, these virtual interviews have increasingly been guided by AI, which can shorten the hiring process by helping companies find the right candidates more quickly. AI tools for job interviewing can ask candidates predefined questions and then sift through the responses to find the most promising people to interview. Hiring managers can also use AI to read through résumés so they don't have to spend time doing it themselves.
The Benefits of AI for Job Interviewers
AI is poised to affect the hiring process and how companies attract, hire, and retain talent. There are plenty of benefits of using AI for job interviewers that can help improve the hiring process.
Objectivity in the Recruitment Process
As much as humans do their best to be unbiased, there will always be bias with a human recruiter. Since AI has no human emotions, it provides an unbiased take on the process and can tell from a person's résumé and responses to written questions whether or not they might be a good fit for a team based on the skills that person has and nothing else.
Ability to Spot Good Candidates
Without AI, recruiters can spend hours poring over résumés. Many job interviewers will define keywords based on the position and focus on candidates who have included them in their résumé and cover letter. However, it's entirely possible that the right candidate for the job didn't use those exact words, meaning that they'll be overlooked. AI can look at the documents the candidate provides as a whole to get a better look at the actual experience, skills, and expertise a person has to ensure that nobody is overlooked by accident.
Saved Time and Energy
Job recruiters and interviewers used to have to waste hours reading through résumés, and that could mean that the company would end up losing out on a great candidate because they already got an offer from someone else who moves faster. Using AI saves time, so interviewers can find the perfect candidates to interview faster and keep the hiring process moving.
Improved Quality of Candidates
AI can help a hiring manager tackle the process of writing an advertisement for an open position by creating a post that clearly communicates the duties of the job and the skills required, which can help the company obtain better-quality candidates. This can also cut down on the amount of time it takes to hire someone.
Enhanced Hiring Experience and Company Reputation
AI can communicate with candidates and provide them with a personalized experience while saving the hiring manager time. The interviewer won't have to manually send messages to applicants, and the candidate will be kept in the loop, giving them a positive impression that makes them more likely to want to work for you. AI chatbots can be used to communicate with every candidate, even if you have thousands, and can be used to give personalized feedback, answer questions they may have, and even recommend the most suitable positions in the company for their skills before the interview even starts.
AI Prompts for Hiring Managers
Job interviewers have a lot on their plate during the hiring process, and this work often comes on top of their regular day-to-day job duties. Using AI prompts for job interviewers can cut back on time spent coming up with interview questions, writing job advertisements, and responding to candidate emails. It can also simplify the onboarding processes for your HR staff. Some prompts to start off with could include:
- You are a hiring manager with experience in [industry]. Use your HR experience in this industry to craft a list of ten interview questions for a [job position].
- You are a hiring manager and recruiter. Using best practices, write a job advertisement for a [position] with a focus on [skills important for that candidate to have]. Make sure the advertisement has inclusive language. Here is some information about the company: [copy and paste details about the company and company culture].
- Draft a follow-up email to [name] about their application for [position] and the next steps in the process while they wait. Include answers to these questions: [copy and paste questions that the candidate asked].
- Draft a rejection letter to [candidate] as if you are a job recruiter. Be empathetic in your response, thank them for their interest in [position], and wish them luck in the future.
- Create a detailed onboarding guide for [company] for new hire [name]. Include details about the company culture and the benefits offered. Be congratulatory and welcoming!
AI Tools for Job Interviewers
A variety of AI tools for hiring managers can help automate the recruitment process and save time and money.
- Turing: Turing is specifically designed for finding software engineers, and this AI program sources, vets, and matches software developers across the country with companies looking for them. Turing makes the remote hiring process easier and faster than ever.
- Interviewer.AI: This AI tool is designed to help with the recruitment process by prescreening applicants through one-way video interviews. The results are analyzed to find the best candidates, which are presented in a ranked list so you can schedule in-person interviews with them.
- Manatal: This AI recruitment software is designed for HR teams, headhunters, and recruitment agencies to help them create and post job listings and find and hire candidates faster.
- Fetcher: This tool combines AI and human monitoring for a more inclusive hiring process. It also provides helpful insights and reports designed to help hiring teams make fair decisions about applicants.