AI for Maintenance Contractors
You might think that there wouldn't be much use for AI in the home improvement and maintenance field, but the truth is that artificial intelligence can be useful in just about every industry. While it can't exactly fix a leaky faucet, put up moldings, or patch drywall, AI can take care of a lot of the paperwork behind the business of being a handyperson.
The Benefits of AI for Repair Specialists
Using AI for handyman contractors can have a variety of benefits, including:
- Less Time Dealing With Phone Calls and Scheduling: An AI voice assistant can answer your phone and book appointments for estimates, and a chatbot can answer questions for potential customers online, so you can stay focused on the jobs you've already been hired to do. If you have employees, AI can also help you schedule everyone's tasks to keep all of your projects on track.
- Help With Marketing Your Business: AI can help you to create social media posts, online ads, and blog posts to attract customers.
- Hassle-Free Contracts and Invoices: Just ask an AI tool to generate a contract for your next job or create an invoice to send to a customer and it can be taken care of quickly and easily.
AI Prompts for Handyman Contractors
One of the areas where AI can really shine is generating text to help a handyperson market their business. Try these AI prompts for handyman contractors who need to create engaging and professional content for their website or social media accounts:
- Write a blog post about how to choose the right handyman for your repair project.
- Make a list of 20 helpful tips for people planning home improvement projects.
- Generate a video script about five things that often go wrong when people do home repair jobs themselves.
- Create 15 tweets about home repair.
- Write a Facebook post about common causes of leaky faucets.
You might also want to use AI to create other types of text:
- Create an invoice template for [business name].
- Generate a contract between [business name] and [customer]. [Business name] agrees to [scope of work], and [customer] will pay [amount].
- Write a help-wanted ad for a full-time painter to join [business name].
AI Tools for Maintenance Contractors
A lot of AI tools for handyman contractors focus on handling tasks like sending out estimates, scheduling work, and tracking labor and supply costs. Some of the most popular of these include Housecall Pro, Jobber, and ServiceTitan. Many people also use AI in the home repair industry to answer their phones and set up appointments with new customers; you can do this with AI tools like Lucy or Smith.ai. And if you need a tool to create text for you using your prompts, try ChatGPT or Bard. No matter what you need, if it can be handled using a computer, there's probably an AI tool that can help!